Sunday 30 May 2010

Less than a month to go...

I looked at my counter today and it said 23 DAYS LEFT TILL DEPARTURE and I panicked a little. Not because I thought 'oh my, Im actually leaving this place', or 'i'm going to miss everyone' (this should come later at a leaving do or the like). Rather, my anxiety was due to the fact that I realised I have 23 days to complete 20 tasks and buy all the things I think is necessary for my trip. Where on EARTH did all the time go?
On a more successful note, I have completed 2 more tasks. I will put up a video soon of me throwing a boomerang and learning to juggle 3 balls;
So, okay I did put 4 balls on my task sheet, but who was I kidding? Co-ordination is hard at the best of times and those of you who know me know my directional ability! I think I'll just cut my losses at 3 and move on!
So today I completed the task to VOLUNTEER AT A SOUP KITCHEN, and it was really fulfilling in the sense that I helped to bring a smile to people's faces and for no payment. It made me realise that to give something can really be better than to take it. Thanks to the American Church in London (Tottenham Court Road) for letting me participate in the soup kitchen. I encourage any one who wants to help other and give back to society to try it out. Its worth more than a £2 a month cheque to a faceless organisation. Unfortunately, since it was about feeding the general public and mostly vulnurable people, I could not record it, nor did I attempt to take a picture (which was a bit sad), but i did manage to take a crappy picture of me in the storeroom looking more like a beebo profile pic of a 14 year old than anything else, but... yeah... Before I go, some shoutouts!!! (A new Addition to my blog)
  • To my Cousin Tomi on her 21st Birthday!! Happy birhday, enjoyed spending time with you up North...
  • To the Catford Rotary Club for allowing me to crash their weekly meeting unannounced and eat a 3 course meal with them and sit on the presidents table.
  • To Carol Jean Couture whose fashion line is exquisite!!! Thanks for letting me perform at your show! click her to check out her designs
Till next time!!
Banke

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you feel...