Wednesday 19 May 2010

5 planes and 4 US States; wow what a journey!!!

Last weekend was really eventful for me, I travelled to Arizona for a couple of days and it was amazing. Not only for the intense heat that greeted my sister and I as we landed, but also because the travel experience was like never before. In just four days, I visited 4 US States... Oh sorry, I meant 3 US States (Chicago, Arizona and Washington) and 1 Canadian State (Montreal), and managed to board 5 different planes!
As some of you might know, I am ever so slightly apprehensive before I travel by air, and this was no exception. I had to get over my 'IF ITS NOT BA, I'M NOT GETTING ON IT' rule.
As a sidebar, I could relate this experience to my impending travels, saying the adventerous journey was in preparation for my flight to Sierra Leone. However, I won't, as it was pointed out to me the other day, most of my sentences now begin with or contain 'when I'm in Sierra Leone...' Yes I realise how annoying that could be!
The flights were quite smooth and I soon got over my fear of flying UNITED (Yes, I look up crash rates on the flight risk assessment site online. Yes, I am that pendantic about such issues!) But it was fine. Other than the ancient movie screening system on the transatlantic flight, it was great. I even got to go on a tiny UNITED EXPRESS jet from Washington to Montreal, which was really fast. Funny story:
 Upon taking off on UNITED EXPRESS, ascending into the bulbous clouds of the Washington sky, there was of course turbulence, to which I momentarily panicked and grabbed unto the arm rest beside me, accidentally scratching the leg of the poor man next to me. Between saying the Shepherd's Psalm, I managed to apologize, to which he replied, 'don't worry about it, I was about to do exactly the same thing'... Maybe its normal to scratch people on flights... At least that will alleviate my embarrassment, though I know thats not exactly what he meant!
So, I've had some American fun before  leave the West for a year, there will be som many more adventures in the South, I am sure. In terms of task, I have completed another, spending the whole night awake, which was hard, and had me in a stupor the whole of today. I was kept awake by my trusty programmes Home and Away and Gossip Girl (What a season finale today!!). These are some of the trivial things I will miss about having uninterrupted wireless connecting me to You Tube and ITV Player!! Till Next time...

Banke!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you feel...