Friday 23 April 2010

The End of the 'Serial Tempist'

Exactly a week ago, it was my last day at Leonard Cheshire Disability (LCD)... Yes it actually was my last day this time. Some people, especially those working at LCD will know my track record of leaving and returning for the past 2 years. Even after a leaving party in December with presents and send off cards, I was back in February. Perhaps I should sign myself up for LCD Anonymous;
Banke: Hello, my name is Banke Adetayo and I am a Serial Tempist!
Group: Hello Banke... (followed by group hug)
But, jokes apart, I really have enjoyed working at Leonard Cheshire and will surely miss everyone,  the biscuit and chocolate binge corner  beside Sheila's desk. No wonder I didnt lose all those extra calories I promised to.
Biscuit tin + 2 packets of shortbread and hobnobs + Banke walking past + close proximity = inadequate weight loss program

So I have managed to complete my first of my 25 tasks, which was to take a vow of singing, which was topped off on my last day with a singathon... or more like me wearing a rainbow coloured sombrero, murdering Bonnie Tyler's 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' (its obvious I dont know it very well, no?) The new advert must be way better than my rendition. I managed to sing 'Moon River', Breakfast at Tiffany's much better though (which alighning with Murphy's law, wasn't recorded!), but I think the IT team at the other end of the office must have been wondering which 'moon' I landed from...

So as promised, below is the video from Task no. 1 - Vow of Singing... well from what you will see, its more of my embarassing myself, but as promised to you... I also promise the rest will be better...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoLEC7_Cz90

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you feel...